new to yoga & don’t know where to begin? check out my beginners tips, here.
not sure what style of yoga to try? lululemon breaks it now-
if a particular style jumps out at you- do a google search to see if any classes are available in your area, then GO !
- Antigravity: Fluid, acrobatic yoga… in a hammock.
- Anusara: Playful. Expect to laugh and go upside down.
- Ashtanga: Athletic and vigorous.
- Bikram: Consistent poses in a very heated studio.
- Hatha: Foundation for many yoga styles. Great for beginners.
- Hot: Make sure to bring a towel — or two!
- Iyengar: With a focus on structure, usually uses blocks, straps for support.
- Kundalini: Focused on meditation and breathing.
- Power/Flow/Vinyasa: An athletic and physically challenging style.
- Pre- and Post-natal: Gentle Hatha yoga is ideal for pregnant women to help lower stress.
- Yin: A slow class that will take you deeper than you’ve ever gone.